An historical place
When Louis XIV made his “joyful return” to Valenciennes in August 1680, the Auberge was called “A la Ville de Troyes”. A souvenir of the great fairs of Champagne, with the travellers, salesmen and drapers stopping in our town to rest and restore their strength.in the hearth, there would be capons and haunches of meat roasting with a stew bubbling in fat jugs, swaying with the bawdy songs which barely covered the sounds of horses and their hooves on the round paving stones in the courtyard.
The inn had a great reputation; Jacques Fontaine managed the establishment until 1701 and its successors’ were still roasting in the fireplace in 1789. Then, the Auberge became the property of the Dubled family, whose last member, Charles Léon Dubled, died in May 1940.
In about 1841, “La ville de Troyes” joined is name to “Bon Fermier”.in 1976 the new owners launched its restaurant which today means that you can meet the coach house spirit of 1530, offering creative, regional cuisine in a venue of great history.